In furtherance of its activities in technology development, productization, facilities management in High Performance Computing (HPC) and associated solutions for the benefit of the scientific and engineering community, C-DAC has identified Grid Computing as a major thrust area. In line with the above mandate, it has now initiated the National Grid Computing Initiative: GARUDA project. As part of this project activity efforts are under progress to setup National Grid Monitoring & Management Centre (NGMMC) at C-DAC, Knowledge Park Centre, which will enable the availability of nationwide HPC Grid resources to various Research and Academic institutions across the country in 7x24 hours basis.
Objectives of the Project
• Establishing a high-speed communication
network that will facilitate leading R&D institutions to be part of
the nationwide Grid initiative.
• Developing and engineering HPC Software & Middleware tools which will power the Grid.
• Integrating the available computing resources of leading R&D institutions for the benefit of solving various complex HPC Research problems.
• Converging the efforts of leading R&D institutions to solve the nationwide challenging application.
• Building a nationwide HPC scientific forum, which will strengthen the R&D efforts of various institutions across the Grid.